Facts About Cambridge Montessori
- CMS is well-established, serving Sugar Land families for nearly 25 years (April 1997).
- Our school has been selected by the Fort Bend/Southwest Sun Readers as the Best Montessori School.
- We meet the highest standards in the nation for early childhood programs.
- Our lead teachers for Transition and Pre-Primary are Montessori Certified.
- Our assistant teachers are Montessori trained.
- Our school offers classes for students from 12 months through 1st grade.
- All teachers are CPR and First Aid Certified.
- We offer After School pick up from Walker Station, Brazos Bend, and Cornerstone Elementary Schools for K-5th grade
Dr. Maria Montessori
The Montessori methods were first introduced in the early 1900's by Italian physician, Dr. Maria Montessori. Dr. Montessori wrote, “The most important period of life is not the age of university studies, but the first one, the period from Birth to the age of Six.” Montessori thought is that if we want self-directed children, we can not have teacher-directed classrooms. If the desired end product is independent thinking, the means must be independent learning. Therefore, the goal of early childhood education should not be to fill the child with facts from pre-selected courses of studies, but rather to cultivate his/her own natural desire to learn.